Mar 2, 2020
Depending on who you are the CORBA law could be as scary as an
actual cobra (or Cobra Kai). If you’re not careful, COBRA can
strike and be deadly. Okay, maybe not deadly but at the very least
costly. In this episode, Edward “Venom” Fensholt and Scott “The
Snake Charmer” Behrens, show you some mercy with the basics of
COBRA and detail all of its nuances. [Insert continuing Karate Kid
- Is every employer subject to COBRA? Are there any
- Does COBRA only apply to medical plans?
- When and who gets an initial COBRA notice? What happens if it
doesn’t go out?
- When does COBRA apply? (HINT: It’s AND not OR.)
- What exactly goes into a COBRA election notice? Who gets one?
When is it sent?
- What can an employer do if they lose track of an employee
(wait, what?) and leave them on active coverage?
- How long can COBRA coverage last?
- How much can an employer charge for COBRA coverage?
- What do you call a lightning round that moves more like a