Aug 19, 2019
In simpler times, health reimbursement arrangements, or HRAs,
were furry, fluffy, friendly creatures in the benefits forest. But
now … not so much. They’re multiplying like crazy, and
growing fangs and claws. In this episode, Ed and Scott track the
current species of HRAs, in all their varieties.
- How do the endlessly evolving types of HRAs differ from each
- What kind of HRAs can an employer offer, and to whom, without
- What do Tesla sedans have to do with HRAs? (Ed is slow on the
take-up, and still not clear.)
- Can an employer offer young (tan) Scott a group plan and old
(probably dying) Ed an HRA and a one-way ticket to Medicare?
- What advantages or “free passes” from complex ACA regulation do
some of the new HRAs offer employers?