Mar 30, 2020
In a time when we are all trying to figure out how to best care
for ourselves and our families, how concerned should employers be
with playing by the rules governing their benefits plans? When is
it appropriate to take liberties? What are the risks? Will anyone
This special shelter-in-place episode of ERISA is a friend
of mine addresses the challenges plan sponsors are grappling
with right now:
- What needs to be done – if anything – to continuing benefits
coverage for furloughed employees?
- How does furlough status impact affordability under the ACA,
and risk the ACA’s “nuclear penalty”?
- What are the notice and employee premium refund issues related
to the suspension of a medical plan?
- How flexible can employers be in allowing employees to make
- Just how many buildings has Scott been removed from,
in addition to the US Capitol building?
- What does the new stimulus bill include that will impact
employers and their retirement and medical plans?
- When grappling with benefits plan rules, is it better now to
ask for permission or ask for forgiveness?