Jun 21, 2021
Hey everybody, the IRS is a little late to ARPA COBRA subsidy
party, but it brought tacos! In this season-ending episode of
ERISA is a friend of mine, Ed and Scott take us
page-by-page through the IRS’s 41 pages of 86 FAQs on how the ARPA
COBRA subsidy works. Well, not really … they break it down a little
more briefly than that. Join us for this episode where the boys
- Who is eligible for ARPA subsidies, and who is not?
- Can Ed make the podcast’s “lightning rounds” slower than they
- Why is Ed giving the IRS props for offering guidance to the
ARPA scheme, even though we’re already nearly three months into the
six-month ARPA subsidy window?
- What are the three pieces of good news the IRS offered up about
the ARPA “second bite at the COBRA apple”?
- What should Scott learn – and quickly – about severance
- When and how does the employer claim tax credits for fronting
ARPA COBRA subsidies?
For more on the ARPA COBRA subsidies, see our recent
webcast (password: Lockton.1) on the IRS guidance.