Dec 14, 2020
More and more employers are looking to provide health insurance
to contractors, franchisees, agents, and employees of other
inadequately related employers under a single umbrella. They
continue to bump into a near 50-year-old barrier – multiple
employer welfare arrangement (MEWA) rules. Through many a night
these rules have left Ed sobbing, but a federal trial court in
Texas might have just blown a gaping hole in the MEWA barrier.
- Why is Priya “that without which there is nothing?” (You think
these guys could do it alone?)
- What is a MEWA and where are we likely to find them in the real
- Who really cares about MEWAs, and why? Who regulates them?
- Do self-insured and fully insured MEWAs pose different
- So how exactly can groups get around the MEWA rules? And why
are we talking about Judge Reed O’Connor again?
- Is his recent federal trial court decision precedent? Could
there be an appeal?