Jan 8, 2021
Whoa, Nellie! What was THAT that just happened
in Georgia? The Democrats — not to their surprise but to
the surprise of some others — have captured the two U.S. Senate
seats for Georgia in special run-off elections, and that
changes everything in Washington, at least for the next two
years. But does everything include federal healthcare
policy? Ed and Scott sit down the afternoon following the election,
while the Capitol building is under siege, and ponder:
- How exactly do the Democrats control the Senate when they and
the GOP both have 50 seats?
- President-elect Biden’s campaign platform included major
healthcare policy items … where do they fall now, in his policy
- Why doesn’t majority control of the Senate give the Democrats
carte blanche on major health reform initiatives?
- Should Scott be sweating out potential tax reform as
an uber-high wage earner?
- Is Medicare for All in the potential cards, or not so much?
Scott goes ”on the record” with his answer! Take it to the bank,